Hunt Limousin and Lim-Flex Ranch is a family-run seedstock business. Charles and Nancy began the operation soon after marrying in 1960. In 1962, they moved to their current Oxford, NE, location. Together, they raised two daughters and two boys on the ranch.Â Their youngest, Dan represents the next generation at the Hunt ranch.
Since the beginning, faith, family, and an honest way of doing business has been our philosophy. We believe in treating others as we’d like to be treated, taking care of the land for future generations, and producing a quality product at a fair price.
Our program is centered around raising sound, functional, efficient cattle that are engineered to work for a living in the commercial beef industry. We’ve been breeding Limousin cattle for 30 years and introduced Lim-Flex in 2008 as a solid crossbreeding option for our customers.
Three foundations drive our breeding program’s vision:
Using these foundations, we strive to create a balanced beef animal. Our bulls and females consistently rank in the top percentiles of the Limousin breed across multiple traits. Our females have a great reputation across the nation. They must calve at two years of age, raise a calf every year, and do it by themselves – we do not creep feed. This allows us to know which cows are doing their job.
We also pay close attention to details. Data is turned in on every animal. With large contemporary groups, our data is a true measure and reflection of our herd. As part of our customer service plan, when a customer purchases a bull, we will make every effort possible to be at the sale barn to bid on those calves. It’s our way of showing gratitude for our customers’ business.
Other customer service features:
- Private treaty – relax and select the best bull to complement your herd in a low-pressure atmosphere
- 100+ bulls/yr – a large selection of yearlings and 2-year-olds. Also gives us large contemporary groups which results in very honest, accurate data
- Delivery – free delivery within 250 miles
- Volume purchases – $50 off the second bull purchased, $100 off each bull purchased thereafter
- Complete data – actual performance and ultrasound data included on all bulls and females
- Calf marketing – our bull customers make more on their calves sired by HUNT bulls! Call us when your calves are ready to be marketed and we’ll be happy to bid – either right off the farm or through the sale barn. We pay premiums when your entire bull battery is sired by HUNT bulls.
Thanks again for stopping by! We’d love the opportunity to visit with you. Click on the “Contact Us” page. All our contact information is located right there.